7/7/07

The Newbie

This is my first blog, my first post, my first try at this Mommy Blogging thing. I have been reading blogs for quite some time and am somewhat obsessed. I have been thinking about starting my own for quite a while. In fact, everyday I think to my self, "Hey, if I had a blog I could write about this." But I have been too scared! As I am sure you will find out, I am a HUGE CHICKEN!! I am the girl who stands behind watching others dare to live and try new things. I dream about becoming one of those people. So I am about to make a huge leap out of my norm! Here it goes.

Exactly 10 months and fourteen days ago, my whole world flipped right side up (I never even knew it was upside down). This was the day my daughter was born. Before her birth, my husband and I vowed that having a child would not change our lives. We would still go out to eat, see movies, stay up late, watch South Park, hang out with our friends, etc. You wouldn't believe how many people laughed in our face and told us to "just wait." But we truly, whole heartedly believed that we would remain who we always were. Then Mae graced us with her presence. Her LOUD, beautiful presence! Let's see. We have seen about three movies in the past year and a half, I have a date with my pillow each night at 9pm, and unless our friends have kids too we havent's seen much of them. Now, I am not complaining because I love to spend most every non-working (yes, I am a working mom) moment with her. But this just proves that having a baby DOES change your life. I have seen the error of my ways! But until it happens to you.....right?


Here is my Mae. The fiesty Italian side.













And the sweet side!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Welcome, congratulations!