8/13/07

We're Moving!

Right now my husband, Mae and I live in this humble two bedroom townhouse. It is the only home we have all lived in together. Mae was born and four days later she came home to this sweet little place. It is home. All 1230 square feet of it. It is cozy and homey and everyone loves to hang out here because of these characterisitcs. But it is just too small. We eventually want to have another baby and there is no way we could squeeze all of Mae's toys and the new baby's things in this place. So it is time to move. (Not that we are planning another baby any time soon)

We have this amazing opportunity to buy my husband's childhood home. It sounds weird that we will be raising our children in the house he grew up in. But this house holds so many amazing memories. I fell madly in love with my husband there. All my young memories of the two of us take place at this house.

If all works out, we should be in by late September or early October. I can't help but be excited. My mind is constantly wandering to thoughts of this house; how will we decorate it to make it our own, how cool it will be to be down the street from my parents and sister, the parties that we will have, etc. Even though I am so thrilled I can't help but be a bit nervous. Until the day we turn the key and open the door, I will be a wreck thinking it is going to fall through. Cross your fingers for us.

PS-Someone told me moving is one of the top three most stressful events in your life. What am I in for?

1 comment:

Carrington said...

We moved across country last summer, and it was hard, but worth it! God bless!